Sunday 12 February 2012

Friendship Stories

I would like to thank all those who submitted the following stories..I enjoyed reading your stories. Some made me cry and some made me smile. Thank you for sharing your friendship stories with myself and to all who visit my Blog. You have all been blessed with the miracle of friendship. It has been an extreme pleasure. :) {{HUGS}} to you all :)


"Many people don't understand how "on-line friends" can become so important to someone..and I guess until you experience it for yourself there are no words to completely describe what it is like..Let me just say, there is always a shoulder to cry on or another person to laugh with, they are the most dependable and understanding special friends you will ever meet. They take you for who you are not what they want you to be." MissPriss, I for one totally agree with you.. thank you for sharing and expressing your feelings so incredibly well! (hugs)



Male
46 and over

My on-line friend was discovered purely by an accident of good fortune. The unique ability to communicate with strangers was at the very least a culture shock for me. Because I did not know what to expect, I was less than candid with many of my contacts. To this date, I remain somewhat guarded but I have found that true friends can indeed be found on the net. Only by truth can the truth be found so when you take a risk with your feelings, you may be rewarded as I was by real friendship.
Cirrus Nine

Divider

46 and over
Female

There is a dear friend that I have met on the net, who has always been there for me. Listens to me when I have troubles, and helps with them with suggestions. This person laughs at my jokes, and kicks me in the behind when I need it. I never thought I would meet a true friend on the net, but to my surprise that came into being. To honor my friend I placed his name in my book that I wrote. So if anything has come out of the net, I would have to say it was the birth of a wonderful friendship, to a person who means the world to me.

Divider

Male
46 and over

Well I did meet a friend on-line with whom I developed a unbelievable friendship. We spoke for about 4 months before finally meeting in person, she lived 250 miles from my home. We knew it wouldn't be a romantic relationship from the time we met, but we grew closer and closer over the 2 year period that we knew each other. We would meet every other week just about, this went on for close to two years. We both knew the end would come as she was suffering from terminal cancer. No one else in the chat room in LOL knew it tho as she was a very private person. No one there had even seen a pic of her. Then one day this winter she suggested that we should take a cruise since time for her was running out. I agreed and we booked a cruise on the Carnival Line. We went to the Carribean together and spent 7 days basking in the sun on the ship, well as much as we could since she was in a wheelchair but it was a great vacation. Three weeks after we returned, God took my friend from me but I know she is no longer suffering and that she went willingly to meet her maker. I will miss her forever and think about her everyday. Good bye Betty, now it's your turn to look out for me !
OttaGuy

Divider

46 and over
Female

I have never had a male "friend". Then a few months ago one of my high school classmates contacted me via email. We started talking on ICQ and it was just amazing. We can talk about anything, share the joys and problems in our life, laugh and cry together. I know he will always be there for me the rest of my life. He has shown me that men can be honest and truthful, supportive and understanding. He has enabled me to see myself differently (or maybe as others have always seen me) and appreciate my strengths. Now the surprise to all this is we were in high school together over 35 years ago! Destiny, fate, whatever can sure do strange, unexpected, and wonderful things to your life. It gave me a best friend.

Divider

46 and over
Female

I have met a precious woman, one of my pen pals. We hit it off right away! She is a Christian, something I should still be, but I am working on that. I love people, giving , doing everything I can to make the person happy. It just seems that she is the same way!! I love her dearly. My husband keeps pushing me to learn to use the computer. He works nights, so he wanted me to be able to use it, and talk to other people, and I have found that wonderful friend! Thank You.

36-45
Female

I met my best friend while we were both in the Navy stationed aboard the USS Simon Lake. Her last name was Langford, which was my maiden name and when we first met we talked about the irony of both of us having the same last name and the spelling of it. After she had been on board for about 6 months my husband had to go to Bayonne New Jersey for 9 months and I asked her if she would like to move in with me to help with rent, etc. She agreed and after a couple of months we went to visit her family in Virginia and they took me in as one of their own and we did some checking in both of our family trees and it turns out that she is my distant cousin. So I have been blessed with a best friend that was like family to me and it turns out that she is family and we have been best friends for 13 years.

Divider

36-45
Female

Until a year ago, I didn't have any idea of what an on-line friend was; I love both my off- line and on-line friends and I often think about how wonderful it would be if I could meet them face to face. I'm originally from Georgia but moved to North Carolina 3years ago... last August I began chatting with a man from Welland Ontario ... I moved up here in November after he came to see me in October and asked me to marry him. Well, I've already told about meeting this wonderful man from Ontario but I would like to go on to say that we just got married this past May 8th. Its the best thing to ever happen to me and I'm so glad that I met him. I've always heard that God works in mysterious ways; who would have thought that God could even work his miracles over the Internet? But besides him, I have made other Internet friends and every morning, I go on-line to wish them all a great day just to let them know that I care about them. I got this survey from a girl in Texas whom I have never met, but I feel like we've been friends forever and I look forward to calling her "friend" for a long long time.

Divider

36-45
Female

About 20 years ago I lived in Pa.where we had two baby goats. Baby goats sound like children when they cry and being that the baby goats were being bottle fed they cried a lot..I kept seeing this lady every day walking these two little kids, a boy & a girl past my house..I really thought she was a nosey neighbor!! Well one day the nosey neighbor finally stopped with the two kids..See she kept hearing the goats cry and thought I was neglecting a child.We started talking and found out our two sons were in kindergarden together, so we would walk them to the bus stop and we would either go to her house or mine for coffee..Well this went on for about 6 months when finally she told me she hated coffee and I told her I did too...See she was drinking it cause I was and I was drinking it cause she was..We became very good friends..I went through a divorce and she was always there for me..I moved from PA. to Md. and we still are the BEST OF FRIENDS..WE just met a couple weeks ago. She drove half way and I drove half way and we spent the day together having lunch and walking and talking having the best time.And after 20 years we are still Best friends and now thanks to the internet we can share a lot more..My friend is the greatest and I hope everyone has a friend as dear to them as I do..

 
14-18
Male

My best friend's name is Jenny. We met last year at the start of school. We have been best friends since then. We have helped each other through some tough times and we always managed to get through them. I know I could not have done any of it with out her. She is a nice person that treats everyone really nice and knows what friendship is. She may not know this but she is one of my first real friends. Before I met her I was really depressed and unhappy. After I met her everything was pretty much uphill. Everyday at school she managed to bring a smile to my face some how. No one else could do that for me. I actually became happy to be me because of Jenny. Another thing, she really likes to get and give hugs. This is the nicest person I have ever met. Thanks Jenny!
Winkie (Firemouth)

Divider

14-18
Female

I am a 17 year old who has a very inspiring story of friendship. When I was in grade 7 and 8, ages 13 and 14, I was very hard on myself and did not like myself at all. Many people in my class made fun of me...and one, Kandi, who was the leader of the popular group made fun of me a lot. I went to the hospital every monday for two hours to get help, because I had developed the disorder of suicide. I hated myself and wanted to die. But, the people in my class and Kandi never knew how serious it was. One day, the school counselor took Kandi aside to tell of how her making fun of me is becoming very serious...we hugged in the hallway after school when we went to our lockers...I cried...the teasing was finally over. Eventually I learned to love myself. I learned that my mistakes were what made me different from everyone else. I knew I could be myself and if someone didn't like me, it was their loss because I knew I was a good person. Kandi and I became friends...and ever since last year we were best friends...she has been there for me for many things in my life...the happy and the sad. I wouldn't know what to do without her...she is my best friend and her name is Kandi. I cherish her friendship every day, even in the fights and bad days and moments, I love her. It's ironic that it was her that caused me so much pain before, and now...she gives me the greatest joy.
Amanda :o)


Credits of all this data goes to http://www.friendshipandlovepoetry.net/ 


No comments:

Post a Comment